Wednesday 20 January 2010

The Times They Are A changin’

It’s so interesting to see how things have changed, even over the last few years. Mobile phones used to be, “Bricks,” which used to make phone calls, send texts, and allow the user to play “Snake.” Nowadays it is incredible how far they have come, what with the I-Phone and all of its mighty applications: some people even made a way to drive a car with one! (I still wonder how it gets away with not having a flash for the camera though).

Something I have on my phone which I have developed an interest in, especially because of the Media Methodologies unit, is RSS feeds. These basically link to a server and download small bits of information when told. For example, I have a feed which links to the BBC’s news feed, and every now and again when I refresh it, it accesses the site and downloads the latest news. It really is information at your fingertips! I also have a link to Al Jazeera’s news feed as well, as I have been told that their information has less of a ‘spin’ on it and I am interested in comparing the two and deciding for myself.
It will be interesting to see where things go in the future, who knows; maybe we will get to ‘step inside’ films (a bit of an advancement from wearing 3D glasses). But either way, things still seem to be moving forward at an alarming rate!

No comments:

Post a Comment