Wednesday 20 January 2010

China

I used to work in a Chinese takeaway. Yea sometimes people stereotype oriental people as being really, really hard working, and I’m sure not all of them are, but in my experience so far, I have found this to be true. One girl I spoke to who I met recently in London told me the hours she had to do in high school, and I was shocked.
Currently there is a big dispute taking place which might cause Google to withdraw from China, due to its censorship rules, the government wanting to filter information that people are allowed access to.
It is slightly concerning when such a company who have brought about such catchphrases as “Lets Google it,” (maybe Googling one day becoming a word in its own right), decide to take such drastic action. The Android phones are also Google powered, and what with China being the world’s largest mobile phone market, this is going to cause interesting situations for the various businesses.
Hopefully this won’t escalate into anything undesirable.

Story 1
Story 2

No comments:

Post a Comment